What is straw wood pellet?
For commercial as well as the domestic markets, biomass straw wood pellets have been developed. A good quality straw wood pellet is that of the wheat straw which is a sustainable product produced from cereal harvest. The original raw material has high energy content and produces the least amount of ash.
What are the uses of straw wood pellets besides bedding?
Besides the bedding purpose, straw wood pellets are used for burning purposes as they do not emit any carbon dioxide. The ash obtained from burning the pellets are used as mineral fertilizer because it contains the elements essential for plant growth. The high amount of volatile constituents present in the straw pellets helps in effective burning. In a suitable biomass boiler, it can even be used as an alternative to oil as well as gas for heating purposes.
What are the distinct features of straw wood pellets that can distinguish them from the inferior quality products?
- We provide best quality straw pellets.
- They have an optimum diameter of 6mm-8mm and length of 3.15mm-40 mm.
- 1 gram of straw pellets can absorb about 3.4-gram of moisture. they have about 8%-11% of moisture content.
- They have very fewer impurities. Thr sulfur content is less than 0.15%.
- They are about 97.7% hard and have a bulk density of more than 650 kg/m³.
- Straw pellets are hoof friendly, i.e they are non-slippy and non-heating in nature.
- They can be maintained easily and last long.1 bag last for about a week.
- The product can be used with other bedding and matting is not needed.
- Besides all these, straw pellets are sustainable in nature as straw regrows easily every year but wood takes more than 30 years to regrow.
- We export it in bulk in packages of 15 kg, 16 kg, 25 kg, 40 kg, Big Bags, or in loose as per the customer’s requirement.
For more details about the straw pellets, refer this site:
What are the pros of straw wood pellets?
- The wheat straw used for the production of straw pellets are quite beneficial as compared to others.
- The pellet absorbs enough moisture.
- They are 100% biodegradable and free from odor.
- It is easy to sift and spread.
- It saves a lot of space in the barn as well as in the home.
- It prevents the horses from eating their beds and ensures minimum manure.
- These pellets act as a natural deodorant. Thus the smells that are usually associated with the traditional bedding are masked.
- The straw pellets are less expensive with respect to alternatives such as wood pellets which are about 25% more.
- Watering the pellets or activating them before starting to use them is not necessary in case of straw pellets. This increases the absorbency of the straw pellets.
- Differences between the straw pellets and wood pellets which are its close alternative:
- Straw pellets are comparable to wood pellets. The staw pellets which are lighter than the wood pellets, so you can get a larger volume of straw pellets for an equivalent weight of wood pellets.
- The composting of straw pellets occurs 90% faster than the wood pellets
- The straw pellets are super-absorbents compared to the wood pellets.
- Straw pellets do not have any additives and less dust is produced while using them compared to the wood pellets. So, the animals might contract from respiratory problems.
- Bed produced using straw pellets are soft, springy and comfortable than those of wood pellets, thus making the livestock or other animals more comfortable.
- The product lasts longer than the shavings and other bedding alternatives which are used by the farmers and horse enthusiasts.
- The straw pellet bedding remains dry for a longer duration and does not freeze during the cold winter seasons because each gram of straw pellet has the capacity to absorb around 3.4 grams of water. This is the reason why the animals are protected from diseases.
Production of straw pellets:
High-quality bedding pellets are produced by using the straw that is sourced locally. Superior quality biomass harvested from the firms help in producing best quality straw pellets. Such raw materials are ecologically cleaner. A temperature of 120C is used which kills the fungal spores, toxins and any bacterial growth in the straw
The original residue of the harvest contains a number of unwanted components which are removed for the production of straw pellets. The various steps are mentioned below:
1.Removal of unwanted materials from the raw material:
the straw has dust, stone metals etc combined with it after harvesting. Such foreign material can degrade the pellet quality and also damage the mills. So they are separated in the initial step.
2.cutting and chopping the straw:
The straw biomass has a tube-like shape. They are subjected to grinding to get the optimum sized pellets. This involves cutting and chopping the straw.
The excess moisture of the straw is removed till only 15 % is left. This is necessary for the production of ideal pellets
4.Increasing the hardness:
Steam or water and other binding agents are applied to the straw so as to achieve the required hardness. The process is termed as conditioning. This is needed because subjecting the raw straw to the right temperature causes the lignin to be malleable and melt. The lignin will act as a binding agent to enhance harness and avoid excess abrasion during pelletizing.
In this stage, various factors that influence the pellet quality, such as moisture content in the straw, fiber strength, particle size and natural binders are taken into account. This also ensures the prevention of pellet breakage, overheating and pellet die blocking. Thicker pellet die should be used to increase compression length and get a good quality.
The straw is hot after pelletizing. After cooling them, they attain the desirable hardness, decreased moisture levels to about 15-20 % or even below 10%. Also, the density increases from 130 to about 600 600 kg/m³
Why should you purchase straw pellets from our company?
You can order straw pellets from our store in bulk, to get the product at a cheaper rate as compared to other stores. Also, we assure to provide you with superior quality products, which can fulfill your requirements. Our excellent customer service ensures transparency and full guidance throughout the ordering and on-time delivery to the end customers.